16 Dec Thank You! Surpassed our Phase 1 fundraising target
We are so thrilled to announce that we have surpassed our PHASE 1 fundraising target for our Bright Futures of Bardia school expansion project!!!
This is a grand total of $40,670!!!
Achieving this incredible milestone is a result of your generosity, your effort and your heart felt desire to make a difference in the world.
Let us take just a moment to reflect on what has been achieved to date …
The funding is now in place to:
- Complete the building of two new classrooms – Allowing students to stay at school until the end of Year 12.
- Provide community access to education – Giving all children, including landless children, the opportunity to attend school.
- Build appropriate sanitation facilities – Allowing girls to stay at school with dignity.
- Purchase land – This will be the foundation and launch pad for Phase 2.
This is an incredible achievement in a relatively short period of time. This campaign is YOUR campaign. Everything that has been achieved is a result of your trust, generosity and support of a project dedicated to creating Bright Futures for the children and community in Bardia, far Western Nepal.
Your efforts will deliver a real and lasting impact in the community. The project team, the fundraising team, and the students, Headmaster and teaching staff at BBAS Memorial School join together to express heart felt thanks.
We want to take this opportunity to also remind you that this is not a campaign about simply giving and walking away. Every step of the process involves in depth collaboration with the school to ensure that they are very much a part of the project so it can continue to be sustained not only now during the expansion, but also into the future.
Our team at Bright Futures of Bardia is working hard behind the scenes to ensure the donations you have made are managed and distributed to have the biggest impact by:
- Dealing directly with the school and having representation on the school board.
- Dealing directly with the builder, architect and material suppliers ensuring we get best pricing.
- Controlling all costs and funding against fixed quotes and pricing best of 3 principle.
- Dealing with the local government on approvals that have been granted.
- Adding further value as our Bright futures of Bardia team give all time voluntarily and all costs for travel and being on the ground to support the project in Nepal is at our own personal expense.
- Ensuring that 100% of the money donated is going directly to the project to benefit the children and community – what a wonderful gift and legacy you are all involved in creating.
Our efforts over these next 2 months will be directed to the management of the building process.
Plans for the elements of the overall fundraising and building project to be executed as part of PHASE 2 are now finalised.
The official launch of PHASE 2 will take place in the New Year. In the meantime please be assured that any donations will still be directed through our PHASE 1 Chuffed campaign page and when we launch PHASE 2 we will switch them over to PHASE 2.
If you would like to to host a fundraising activity in your community in the New Year please reply with your expression of interest to this email. The power of community and connection was ever present throughout our PHASE 1 events. Let’s keep this momentum going and together we will achieve the targets set to provide further educational opportunities to the children in Bardia and their greater community.
We are so honoured to receive your support as we move toward our vision of achieving long term sustainable development goals in the Bardia community.
Thank you for being on this journey with us.
From our families to yours, we wish you a peaceful and joyful Christmas and happy holidays.
With our warmest appreciation – the ‘expanding’ Bright Futures of Bardia team; Jacqui, Steve, Jayne, Karen, Helena, Julie & Majella.